MIRARCO, or Mining Innovation, Rehabilitation, and Applied Research Corporation, has been providing innovative solutions for mining industry challenges since our inception in 1998. We are a not-for-profit research arm of Laurentian University, Canada’s Mining University.
Our team of talented academic and industry professionals offer the expertise you need for applied research in: Rock Mechanics, Safety, Software, and Energy.
MIRARCO is engaged in four core research domains:
We are the innovative research partner of choice for mining and related industries.
A research organization that develops innovative technologies, applied solutions, and highly qualified individuals in support of a safe, productive, and sustainable global mining industry.
Innovation, Collaboration, Responsiveness, and Social Responsibility.
- MIRARCO Celebrates 20th Year Anniversary
- MIRARCO 20th Anniversary Report (PDF 5MB)
- Peter Kaiser, Founding President’s perspective (PDF 5MB)
- MIRARCO InfoSheet (PDF 2.85MB)
- Geomechanics Research InfoSheet (PDF 1.8MB)
- Rock Mechanics – Stress Characterization Fact Sheet (PDF 734KB)
- Sustainable Energy Solutions InfoSheet (PDF 973KB)
- Decision Support Software InfoSheet (PDF 867KB)
- Safety Research InfoSheet (PDF 496KB)
Board of Directors
- Dominic Fragomeni*
XPS Consulting & Testwork
- Jennifer Abols
- Osman Abou-Rabia
Dean of Science, Engineering and Architechture
- Michelle Ash
Chair GMG and CEO GEOVIA Dassault Systems
- Fred Delabbio
Director, Strategy Focused Innovation (SFI)
- Samantha Espley
President, Canadian Institute of Mining (CIM)
- Elizabeth Gardiner
Project and Communications Advisor at NOAMI
- Leo Gerard
International President, USW
- Michael Gribbons
Vice President at Maestro Digital Mine
- Lorella Hayes
VP Administration, Laurentian University
- Christine Kaszycki
Assistant Deputy Minister, Mines Minerals Division, MNDM
- Cheryl Recollet
Director of Sustainable Development, Wahnapitae First Nation
- James Simmons
- Michael O’Shaughnessy
Director, Teck Resources
- Janice Zinck
Green Mining Innovation – Processing Canmet MINING NRCan
* Chair of the MIRARCO Board of Directors.