Skip to content
- In the woman month a recognition to a MIRARCO member in Sudbury (3/23/2020) - Meet Claudia Gonzalez! Click here to read the detail.
- Natural Resources Canada awards $1.5 million to natural heat exchange research project (2/13/2020) - MIRARCO secures federal funding to develop natural heating and cooling technology for underground mining The original NHEET was discovered by accident at Vale’s Crieghton nickel mine near Sudbury, Ontario. Courtesy of Vale. Natural Resources Canada awarded $1.5 million on Feb. 11 to the Natural Heat Exchange Engineering Technology (NHEET) research project, a project between the […]
- Feds invest in clean tech for Sudbury mines (2/12/2020) - Two projects to get $3.5 million Mike Commito, left, director of Applied Research at Cambrian College, Nickel Belt MP Marc Serre, Jennifer Abols, president and CEO of MIRARCO, Todd Pratt, of FVT Research, Sudbury MP Paul Lefebvre and Bill Best, president of Cambrian College, were on hand for a funding announcement for the mining industry […]
- Research underway to ‘go green’ underground in Sudbury (2/11/2020) - Research underway to ‘go green’ underground in Sudbury Federal funding announced for research projects to advance clean technology in the mining sector. Feb. 11/20 (Alana Everson/CTV Northern Ontario) SUDBURY — On Tuesday morning, the federal government announced $3.5 million in funding to advance green energy technology in Sudbury. This investment includes: $2 million to FVT […]
- NHEET – Natural Heat Exchange Engineering Technology for Mines (1/22/2020) - MIRARCO Mining Innovation’s NHEET project set to kick-off on January 29, 2020 MIRARCO is proud to announce the start of its Natural Heat Exchange Engineering Technology (NHEET) Project. If you’re interested in becoming an Industry Sponsor, please join us for our kick off meeting on January 29th. Click here to read more about this Press […]
- Jennifer Abols appointed leader at Canada’s Mining University (10/30/2019) - New Release Laurentian University and its Mining Innovation Rehabilitation and Applied Research Corporation (MIRARCO) are pleased to announce the appointment of Jennifer Abols as the next Executive Director of the Goodman School of Mines and President and CEO of MIRARCO effective November 4th, 2019. Click here to read more about this news release (French version).