Skip to content
- Production of Electricity Using SMRs for Off-Grid Mining and Other Applications (10/14/2020) - Production of Electricity Using SMRs for Off-Grid Mining and Other Applications Image from Idaho National Laboratory MIRARCO presents a paper at the annual Conference of Metallurgists (COM), by Metallurgy & Materials Society (MetSoc of CIM), on the production of electricity using Small Modular Reactors (SMRs) for off-grid mining and other applications. Click here for more […]
- Mirarco Appoints Dr. Chris Lane, P.Eng. Ph.D. as new Software Director (9/29/2020) - New Release Mining Innovation, Rehabilitation, and Applied Research Corporation (MIRARCO) is pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. Chris Lane as the new Director Software, effective September 29, 2020. MIRARCO’s Software Centre consists of specialists in mining engineering and software development. They conduct applied research for mining and are developing the next generation of decision-support […]
- In the woman month a recognition to a MIRARCO member in Sudbury (9/29/2020) - Meet Claudia Gonzalez! Click here to read the detail.
- Natural Resources Canada awards $1.5 million to natural heat exchange research project (2/13/2020) - MIRARCO secures federal funding to develop natural heating and cooling technology for underground mining The original NHEET was discovered by accident at Vale’s Crieghton nickel mine near Sudbury, Ontario. Courtesy of Vale. Natural Resources Canada awarded $1.5 million on Feb. 11 to the Natural Heat Exchange Engineering Technology (NHEET) research project, a project between the […]
- Feds invest in clean tech for Sudbury mines (2/12/2020) - Two projects to get $3.5 million Mike Commito, left, director of Applied Research at Cambrian College, Nickel Belt MP Marc Serre, Jennifer Abols, president and CEO of MIRARCO, Todd Pratt, of FVT Research, Sudbury MP Paul Lefebvre and Bill Best, president of Cambrian College, were on hand for a funding announcement for the mining industry […]
- Research underway to ‘go green’ underground in Sudbury (2/11/2020) - Research underway to ‘go green’ underground in Sudbury Federal funding announced for research projects to advance clean technology in the mining sector. Feb. 11/20 (Alana Everson/CTV Northern Ontario) SUDBURY — On Tuesday morning, the federal government announced $3.5 million in funding to advance green energy technology in Sudbury. This investment includes: $2 million to FVT […]